Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cam the destroyer

DSC04544
Cam the 19th destroyer.


Here are a couple of pictures of me in my new football strip. Our team's actually called the Sawata Destroyer, rather than the Mano Destroyers which I previously thought. I prefer the singular, like we are one gigantic ball of 22 legs, hacking away at anything in our path. I'm a three star destroyer which means the food is good but I lack in leesure (sic) facilities.

Here are our scores so far:

Sawata Destroyer 2 - 1 FC Sexy
Even more of a misnomer of a team name than Grasshopper - what a Swiss...

Sawata Destroyer 1 - 3 Ryotsu
We were a weakened (weekend) team but this was a only friendly.

Sawata Destroyer 1 - 0 Team Jedi
Obviously TJ over cooked it on the force as they scored an OG in the first two minutes.

Sawata Destroyer 1 - 1 Aikawa Yonteru
Matt and I were in Nagano playing for the Niigata ALT team.

Note, everyone plays on the same pitch, so home and away doesn't come in to it. It's been great fun playing in the Sado soccer league so far and I'm hoping to play until the end of July. Great for fitness. The other thing that I'm thinking about starting this week is the Kodo challenge. This involves running 10km every week day for four weeks. I'll keep y'all posted.

No comments: