Saturday, June 23, 2007

Nagano ALT football tournament

from James DSC_0523

Another Nagano ALT football tournament took place at the start of the month. Same old formula except I was organising Niigata this time, which was quite frankly, a pain in the arse. It was my fourth tournament without pitching in so I thought I'd do my bit for the team. My chum Pete made a good job as captain which meant I just had to deal with getting the money in and sorting out the hotel.

Football round out. We played well on Saturday and came second in a pretty strong group. I scored a cracking lob in our first game, which we ended up winning 1 - 0 against Nagano. I also scored a long range beauty when we drubbed Gunma 7 - 0. Otherwise, I was definitely fitter than previously though the midfield, where I played, was lacking at times. Sunday was cack as we crashed out to Gifu 5 - 2, not even making it into the quarters. The refereeing in this game was poor, however so were we. We only had one ringer too, which was less than the other teams (and our previous teams).Heh ho, the British Embassy ended up winning.

1 comment:

Glen-san said...

aw mate, gutted i missed it...nice ahem 'uniform' though