Thursday, July 19, 2007

The final countdown dee-dee-deee deeee...

DSC04736
Bad Rabby, not a mean Scots poet but a mean Japanese rabbit
with a chain and patent leather attitude


Significant events and meaningful happenings are blurring past at an accelerating rate.

It's our last week of our two year stay in Japan, and I still can't believe that we're living in this very foreign land. Many things, including the breath taking scenery, still stop me in my tracks. I won't have to worry about that before long, and this foreign land will fade into a beautifully soft focused memory backdrop that's been power washed with a cocktail of Japanese draft beer, back sweat and shredded dried squid. I'll miss nama birru. Always cold and frothy. I'll not miss back sweat or shredded dried squid.

I'll probably not manage that many more posts from Japan as we've got parties-a-go-go pretty much until we leave. I will endeavour to do my best however anything left over, pictures and tales, will be uploaded when I get back home in and around August. Until then I'll give a quick round up of a few of this month's has beens in the next few posts.

No comments: