Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The sleeper has awoken


The future? It's Sting with a jackdaw embedded in his crotch


I love the book and film Dune.

The Freman suits were totally awesome and I always really wanted a pair of Freman underpants. Fair enough, they would look like they were made by a balloon twisting artist, but you could happily go about your daily business without having to so much as think twice about breaking wind (I wander if assembling wind sounds like a fart in reverse), never mind anything else. In fact, you'd be praying for the odd fart as the pants would be able to take the kinetic and potential energy and transform it into something more useful. If I had a pair of these briefs, I'd get them fitted with one of the wierding modules too, at the back or front I suppose, and after some practice you could kill people using only your pants. God knows what noise would be produced and I suppose they'd have to be operated by cocking a leg. A can of beans would be the equivalent of Popeye's spinach and a lot more welcome accompanying a fry up. What a life in Freman pants would be, you'd be able to go around dishing out insults like there was no th'morrow and if anyone tried to kick you in the nuts, they'd be protected by a life supporting pipeline of urine. Hurrah. As long as no one tried to chib your balls, that's below the belt to say the least, you'd be King of the Castle and look super cool to boot. The skiffs above aren't Freman briefs, though they are also crackers.

Ah Dune, wouldn't it have been great if the sleeper had awoken only to hit the snooze button and subsequently damn everyone else for an extra five minutes kip. Just like it would have been great if Neo didn't save man kind as he was "feeling a bit mince today". I mean feeling bad, not literally fondling some minced beef. That would be an even better reason for giving up on man kind however - "Screw you lot! I've a braw bit of mince to fondle, and it's got my name on it!"

Back to reality and no need for a super being, who wasn't quite sure they were a super being, to be able to fanny with our future. I can do that myself you know.

No comments: